Google launches free French, Italian, German and Spanish translation

By Hester Stuart | May 19th, 2014

Less than 25% of the world’s population speak English as a first language.  The other 75% are searching the web in a language other than English.

Google has therefore improved its services by offering a free translation service for Pay Per Click (PPC) adverts.  So far, this has extended to French, Italian, German and Spanish, with more to be announced.

Although it’s always great to get something for free, it leaves you with a little homework.   You will need to check the PPC campaign set up, ensure quality checks of the translations take place, and associated translated landing pages are created to support the customer journey throughout your website.  Remember, if you are running a booking engine, you’ll also need this also translated to ensure your conversion levels are optimised.

You might find it useful to lean on us.  For a start, we can cut out the blah blah blah, and write targeted copy for your target market.   We also have more than just English speaking copywriters, but native Spanish, German, Russian and Arabic speakers.  Copy can be tailored to suit your online advertising and social media campaigns, formal announcements, to support search engine optimisation, email newsletters, and so forth.

Share with us your brand guidelines, and we’ll do the rest.

If you’d like any advice on improving your multilingual advertising, please do not hesitate to get in touch on +44 (0) 131 718 4510.

Newsletter Sign Up