By Sam Weston | July 24th, 2017
As part of our new 80 DAYS Benchmark service, we recently undertook a study to better understand the contribution of both direct website and OTA/FIT revenue within the London 4 and 5 star hotel markets during the last 2-3 years.
Drawing comparison between June 2016 – May 2017 and June 2015 – May 2016, we evaluated data from a total of 19 hotels comprised of;
- 9 x 5 Star Central London Hotels
- 10 x 4 Star Central London Hotels
We also drew further comparison against a similar study we ran in late 2014.
For context on the size of properties within the sample studied; the average number of rooms was 114.
The report produced some interesting findings;
- The market has shifted dramatically during the last 3 years.
- A London hotel’s reputation (through TripAdvisor ranking) has impact on the contribution of OTA/FIT revenue it can expect to receive.
- The 4 and 5 star markets in London have differing reliance on OTA/FIT revenue.
Download The Full Report For Free
See how your hotel compares by downloading the full report, including detailed results broken down for both the 4 and 5 star markets in London.
Please enter your details below and we’ll email you a copy;