Front End Developer
80 DAYS is looking for a developer to become an integral part of the development team.
This role offers huge scope to help lead delivery on exciting projects within the luxury travel sector as well as serving existing websites. We continue to enjoy growth thanks to our ethos of building solid, long-standing relationships with our clients, as well as a growing reputation for delivering creative and effective solutions.
Permanent Role, Edinburgh
- Front-End Development - Developing website pages, templates, and interactive features for client websites, in close collaboration with Designers and Back-end Developers.
- Website Support - Problem-solving and applying development fixes and enhancements to support existing website.
- Team Collaboration - Working alongside Design, Project Management, Back-end Development and Client Services team to deliver the best possible service to 80 DAYS’ customers.
Skills & Experience
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred, ideally within an agency environment
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Knowledge of version control software such as Git
- Basic Adobe Photoshop or XD skills
- Experience working with open-source content management systems, such as Umbraco or WordPress
- An up-to-date knowledge of industry needs such as cross-device, responsive layouts, and page speed optimisation
- An understanding of systems development life cycle processes, such as waterfall and Agile.
- Knowledge of Freshdesk, Trello, Slack and Synergist advantageous but not a requirement
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- A proactive mentality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and across multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoys investigative and problem-solving tasks
- Salary DOE
- Generous benefits package including Profit Share scheme, Rewards & Recognition scheme, Hotel Friends & Family rates, Company Pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Additional holiday entitlement for your birthday and years of service