Social Media Marketing Executive
80 DAYS is looking for a Social Media Marketing Executive to join our Edinburgh office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team providing social media and content creation services to some of the world's most respected hotel and travel brands.
Responsible for strategy implementation and day-to-day channel management, the successful candidate will demonstrate a solid track-record in delivering standout social media, and crucially, first-class content creation and editing skills.
The role requires creativity and a keen visual eye, as you’ll be devising both publishing plans and social campaigns, as well as the technical ability to analyse data and create reports.
As a client-facing role you’ll need good presentation skills, and the confidence to conduct client meetings and workshops in an engaging manner.
First and foremost, we’re looking for bright young social media talent. Experience is great, but passion and know-how are priceless. The role includes on-the-job training and mentoring, with excellent opportunity for professional development and company progression.
Permanent Role, Edinburgh
Roles & Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Social Media Marketing Executive include:
Social Media Management
- Working across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok
- The filing and editing of multi-media content
- Creating monthly publishing plans for varied platforms and objectives
- The scheduling and optimisation of all social content
- Day-to-day Community Management duties
- Data gathering, analysis and reporting
- Keeping abreast of social and industry trends, platform updates and new features
- Repurposing existing assets into new social formats
- Devising and creating original photo and video assets
- Creating content to support our Digital Marketing team
- Collaborating with videographers, photographers and influencers
- Helping our clients raise their ‘Digital IQ’
- Devising and creating multimedia training assets
- Teaching technical and creative skills at client workshop
Skills & Experience
- A confident, proactive attitude
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, with an aptitude for multi-tasking and managing priorities
- Best practice understanding and experience across social platforms
- The ability to think creatively in support of our clients business objectives
- Copyrighting skills that are sharp, memorable and make readers take action
- First-class multimedia content creation and editing skills
- A keen visual eye, and a flair for crafting presentations
- Degree in Social Media and / or Digital Marketing
- Passion for travel and the hotel industry
- 1 - 2 years experience working in the luxury travel sector, or at agency level
- Driving licence
- A fluent second language
The role will be based at the 80 DAYS head office in Edinburgh city centre, with stunning views of Edinburgh Castle. The role will include opportunities for both domestic and overseas travel.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience
- Profit share scheme
- Company pension scheme & life insurance
- A great range of benefits (see https://www.eighty-days.com/careers)